Following on from the success of the events that In2Events managed last year in Brussels and Birmingham, Autodesk asked us to organise this year’s roadshow of events for their European Construction and Rail customers. We were tasked with finding an exciting and unusual conference venue that would both reflect the Autodesk culture and not conform to the standard corporate event format. We were required to find two locations, one in the UK with good rail and road links outside of London, and one in Europe that had good air connections and was a major flight hub.
The roadshow was an opportunity for Autodesk to update their customers on the progress of the business, the current state of the industry as well as give partners a platform to reach a new audience. The event space had to accommodate between 150 and 200 people with full production on and a private networking space that could hold 7 exhibition stands.
Our venue search began in the UK and after discussing numerous locations we decided to focus our attention on Oxfordshire and the Midlands as these both offered excellent transport links to London and Birmingham. Following a site visit with the client, we decided on Silverstone as the venue for the UK event, the modern and bright space that the West Wing offered, as well as glorious views of the track, offered the unique and exciting space that we were looking for.
After securing the UK venue, we knew we had to replicate this look and feel in Europe. Taking into account the brief of a location with good links and a major flight hub we looked at destinations within an hour’s flight from London that was also easily accessible by rail. Amsterdam quickly became the standout destination and the De Hallen Studios, a recently converted tram shed, was the perfect choice of venue. The blank event space meant we could replicate the look and feel of the UK event and the history of the building was a great link to the rail industry.
At both locations, we were tasked with transforming empty event space into an inspiring conference environment with a separate exhibition area for 7 of Autodesk’s premium partners. We created the separate areas by using draping suspended from the ceiling and built 7 uniform exhibition stands that gave the partners ample branding space, a TV screen, poseur table and stools, and a literature stand. Our in-house design team put together all the creative for the stands and all branding was printed in-house with our large format print studio.
As well as dressing the space we also designed and built a stage and set with lighting and AV to enable the speakers to present to the delegates. In total there would be eight speakers throughout the day, including partner presentations, so it was important to have their message delivered from the right setting.
The set, exhibition stands, and all furniture were used at both locations, shipped between the two to ensure uniformity at the events. This was imperative to the event’s success, as the scope for the event had grown significantly over the years and the client wanted to ensure that they could demonstrate this growth.
- "The In2Events team seamlessly managed all aspects of a complex project, adapted brilliantly to all challenges, and managed changes faultlessly. The outcome of the event was fantastic, and we’ve had really positive feedback, with high praise for both the venue, the event program, and the engaging delivery of content.”
- "I was at BETT yesterday and Wednesday. The stand is amazing! Easily the best one at BETT by a country mile. Well done and thanks for all your hard work."
- "Thanks again so much for today! Not just for the fast turnaround, but because you and the team really delivered and were a joy to work with!"
- "Most successful year yet, feedback from retailers was really positive. Thank you so much for all your hardwork and support on such a successful event."
- "I wanted to say Thank you so much, to you and all of the team who supported on our first Virtual Partner Summit! We’re still buzzing off the back of it, we’ve had such great audience feedback and couldn’t have anticipated exceeding our target attendance rate as we did – It’s definitely opened my mind to virtual solutions and what can be achieved, let’s chat about how we make our 2021 Partner Summit a hybrid experience and really scale on the potential we’ve tapped into here."